The Free Clinic provides and facilitate access to free, compassionate, quality health care for children and adults who are otherwise unable to obtain such services.
- Position: Dental Van Coordinator
- Supervisor: Dental Program Manager
- Job Classification: Regular Employee; Non-exempt
- Hours of Work: Average 40 hours/week; Monday-Friday; some week-ends
and evenings; days and hours vary, based on
dental clinic schedules.
- Position Summary: This position coordinates dental van clinics, van maintenance and supplies, and direct patient care.
- How to Apply: Bring resume' to the Free Clinic of Southwest Washington, 4100 Plomondon Street, or email resume' to Carolyn Noack.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up and break down dental clinics, which include sterilization, tray set-ups, restocking carts and cabinets, restocking and organizing dental forms, setting up x-ray processor and/or digital x-ray system.
- Facilitate efficient running of dental clinics by assisting dental professionals and helping with x-ray development/digital films and dental software programs.
- Drive and maintain the Dental Van.
- Participate in clinic administrative activities as requested, i.e. staff meetings, documentation, etc.
- Collaborate with dental team to solve problems related to clinic and van operations.
- Monitor clinic equipments and supply needs.
- Support volunteers to build strong relationships and ongoing retention.
- Monitor and maintain volunteer scheduling system for dental program.
- Collaborate with Free Clinic staff to coordinate work flow and patient systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Registered dental assistant; dental assisting experience required.
2. Ability to drive and maintain 30 foot dental van with good driving record.
3. Exceptional skills in interpersonal and verbal communication and attention to detail.
4. Self starter with capacity to follow through.
5. Experience in supply management.
6. Experience and knowledge in use of dental equipment, including easy repairs.
7. Ability to establish and maintain effective and collaborative working relationships with volunteers and staff of different ages, socio-economic status and ethnicity.
8. Availability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some week-ends.
9. Ability to climb stairs, lift 25 pounds and be in a standing position for five-plus hours.
10. Experience with Eaglesoft dental records system and digital films preferred.